Thursday, August 24, 2006

Why am I doing this @#$%?

In the summer of 1990, the same day Saddam invaded Kuwait, I boarded a Northwest flight from my native Nepal and 20-odd hours later landed amongst the beautiful cornfields of Nebraska (state tag line is "the good life") to start by bachelor's degree in computer science, which later extended to a master's. After finishing my master's and a first taste of Internet startup, somehow I ended up in San Francsico, where I live today -- went through another string of startups, the latest having something to do with deriving "actionable insights" from customer databases, in other words -- business intelligence.

Why should you care? Well, I don't know, but..

I have come to believe that blogs are perhaps the best way to share your experience, both professionally and personally, with the widest possible audience who as a group are always smarter than you.

So that's why I'm here -- to share and explore conversations that haven't happened yet, but I know they will take me (and perhaps you as well) into fascinating aspects of "business intelligence" (and its repercussions on a practitioner) -- or at least get us all a good laugh.

So, come back, come often.. get my RSS feed, trackback, whatever works for you. But let me know if you find these postings useful, boring, or pointless, or what would you rather talk about.

Overall -- let's have some fun chats.

No comments: